Mail & Credit Card Theft 2/21 COINCIDENCE

 אל

Date: March 23, 2012
Subject:
MAIL THEFT & Credit Card Theft Report!!

My mailbox was entered and that person stole mail that included a Chase Manhattan Credit Card. They spent $149- before the bank put cancelled the card.

The mailbox shows a slight sign of having been tampered with (the lock is difficult to latch)

I specifically asked if the locks had been changed and I was assured that the locks had been however on two occasions I noticed my front door was unlocked when I got home.

Also, the screws are loose in the deadbolt so the door not lock properly. I put in a work request last Sunday, and have been waiting all week for maintenance to fix the lock and loose screws on the door and windows.   

Those are the same days I reported when unusual activity in the parking lot. And noted several vehicles that did not have tags and there were several loud fights outside.

I noticed there is a surveillance camera directly above the mailbox and would like to 1. Have the locks changed immediately 2. Have the video reviewed since they may have stolen other mail such as my IRS statements, Health Insurance Cards, and my Social Security Statement which were all sending updated statements with my new address.

I am awaiting the statement to be sent with specific  time, date, place the card was used so I can file a police report with the specifics.

Thus far, the money was spent at McDonalds, Burger King, HG Hills, Elysian Market and a gas station on 3/20/2012 and 3/21/2012.

Classy.

Elyssa Durant, Ed.M.
516 423 3045
אל

Comments